Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Most exciting thing so far: Slab concrete pour

The house slab was poured last Thursday. I was excited to see the process, and I definitely wanted to be around for it! Luckily they were already in full swing when I stopped by the lot before work that morning. When I drove up the street and saw the Cemex truck in the distance, I was a happy camper. 




That guy is using our wheelbarrow!


They started with the master bath






The mixture is a lot lumpier than I would have thought...


I think that guy was in charge


I had to head to work, but luckily Ken was able to swing by during lunch and take some more photos: 







After work we headed to the lot to check out the freshly poured slab. Surprisingly, it was set enough to walk on!

 View from northwest corner




That step down is for back porch


Ken, thinking about all the stuff he's going to fit in his garage


Standing in back porch


Standing in kitchen!


After the concrete was poured, that form board was pulled out. This is so rain doesn't end up in garage.


The concrete guys put these huge bolts in place after pouring the concrete. This is what will essentially hold the framing wood to the slab.


One of the cement trucks broke a hydraulic line and oil went everywhere. It looks pretty terrible. 


Since the slab was poured nearly a week ago, we have since begun framing. Hopefully I'll post on that tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment