Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The framing continues...

As you can imagine, the framing process is long and on-going. Once the wood went up, I took lots of photos since it was so exciting. So, this post is another one that is heavy on the photos. These were taken last Thursday. We skipped date night to do some work, and we were glad we did. It was a cloudy, humid evening and it looked like the sky was ready to drop open at any time. I even snapped my first lightning picture at the end of the night!




The hero shot


Framing: you can see part of bedroom in very left, another bedroom in middle, and laundry room/bathroom is in right of photo. Taken from dining room.


Standing on back patio. Master bedroom to the left, living room to the right and kitchen/dining room in middle of photo


Adding brace board


He knows no fear...





I was nervous enough to stand on this ladder and hand him the camera!


View of house from above. Two bedrooms, foyer, and parts of bathroom & laundry room


Another bird's eye view. Dining room, master bed & bath in center of photo.


In less than a year, I'll be sitting in this same spot, but on a couch :)


Standing at kitchen island


Leaping in dining room 


Catching air in the kitchen



Garage


More brace boards


Dan & Ken, having a pow-wow





My pride and joy- took 15 mins and a whole lot of patience to capture this! I would sit in position for about 5 minutes, eye up to viewfinder, finger on the shutter. I'd lose my patience for about 10 seconds, then a strike would hit! It was pretty frustrating...


Framing will continue for sometime, as we still have to frame out some closets and whatnot. For the most part, we are nearly finished. We cut some big limbs off of that oak tree today- more on that to come in the next day or so. This was probably the most stressful part of the entire house building process so far, and I wasn't even a part of the work! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just got a chance to view the fort again. OMG I couldn't believe how it's coming along. You all must be so excited, proud, exausted. :) It is moving right along. I have enjoyed looking/watching as you all make memories, have fun, and build your house together. I am so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete