Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Since we had a light rain at the end of the week, we decided to skip work Friday evening and just take care of some burning. It was actually pretty relaxing just sitting around the fire:












We were there awhile...



Chatting with my Dad about electrical plans for the house!


The next morning we returned for a long, hot day of work doing more ply-wood stuff:
Ken moved the windows down a bit




Still loving the new house colors!


Bathroom window


Sweaty


 Pandora is what gets us through the day. Today we were bumpin' R.E.M.



I spent my day climbing up and down the ladder, nailing the ply-wood with a (heavy) nail gun.


View of the house as of Saturday. Now that the ply-wood has been hung, it will look like this for awhile...

Sunday we took the day off to do a little of this:



(Boy in the blue is Ian!)



Can you tell Nat is a cheerleader with all that air?



That's some good form...



On Monday, it was business as usual. We continued our work from Saturday, doing the same thing; more nailing, more hammering, more cutting:
Banging in some nails

Filling in the ply-wood gaps


I am still sore today from all that overhead work. (Have I mentioned the nail gun is heavy?) I am only about halfway nailing, and I definitely have my work cut out for me. Ken finished what he was doing with ply-wood, and has moved on to building the staircase for the bonus room. You know what I'll be doing the next several days...


No comments:

Post a Comment